Saturday, February 2, 2013

Personalized Valentine's Day Cards

My daughter and I have been looking around the great wide world of craft blogs for Valentine card ideas this year.  Last year, we recycled some cardboard by prettying them all up for her Kindergarten class.  We saw a few ideas for this year, but she really like the personalized lollipop cards.  So, she put on her pretty pink dress, and here's what we came up with!


Since Valentine cards usually come with a variety of pictures/phrases, we thought we would choose from four different poses.


I made the above collage in Lightroom, but you can do the same on picmonkey.com (for free).

I added the same phrase on each one in PicMonkey:


"Happiness is a friend like you!"

Since I'm trying to conserve as much ink and paper as possible, I printed these collages as 5x7s, which made the cards wallet sized.



I have a jewelry punch (I have no idea what it's called), which was small enough to punch holes, where the lollipop would go through the card.

Here's the end result:



Linking Up:

3 comments:

  1. Wow! I have not been leaving comments but I read your posts regularly. I was wondering if you could share me tips on how I could achieve that photo effect Gabby :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The trick with this photo series is the sun! The sun starts to set right behind our house, so Ava stood directly in front of where it was going down. Remember the sunrise scene in Pride and Prejudice at the end of the movie? It's the same idea. All in the timing. It's better to try to take pictures at different stages of the sunset/sunrise and see how they turn out! I barely used Lightroom (only to lighten or darken some of the shadows or slightly adjust the overall exposure). Thanks, Diane!

      Delete
    2. I was waiting for your reply. Yay! Thank you for this. Adequate light and timing are the key. Thanks Gabby :)

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.