Thursday, January 10, 2013

Valentine's Day Vignette

This little nook in my house has been decorated a number of times.  I think it's been featured on TLYF the most, I'm sure.  Well, I finally decided to use this space as an actual desk.  I don't really enjoy being in my office.  There is too much going on in the house, so, at least in this spot, I am more aware of my surroundings and not closed in.  Enough of the blah, blah, blah, and onto the decor!


It looks really simple, but it started out a little extravagant, aka overboard.  I had crepe streamers taped to the wall in various patterns, large vases with over-sized bouquets.  It was Valentine's Day on crack.  After staring at it for like two days (and watching streamers fall down way too many times), I toned it down.

I took this gold/mint painted MDF from my Christmas decor (see below),


 ...and taped a bright red heart on it (bought at Party City).  I also cut out a piece of fabric, taped on a similar cut-out heart, and placed it into an empty frame.



The banner was really simple.  I cut out various heart-shaped pieces of felt (no tracing or anything fancy), hot-glued them together, and then I glued on 4 pieces of Dollar Tree ribbon to both sides.  


In case you're wondering, I bought the doilie-esque vase at IKEA.  I tried looking for it on the website, but no luck.  I did, however, find them around the gardening section.


The small organizing bins are from the Dollar Tree.  I easily customized them with some metallic permanent markers.


One more look:


Once the holidays are over, I immediately start looking forward to Spring, so this is a nice in-between stage (even if it is 80 degrees outside).  I'll have an easy Valentine photo booth idea posted tomorrow night!

Linking Up:

2 comments:

  1. Such fun colors! I would love for you to share this or any of your great ideas at the link party going on now (and every Saturday through Tuesday) at 'Or so she says ...' Hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The valentine day Vignette is superb. Have a look at the excellent article

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.