Friday, June 22, 2012

Patriotic Embroidery Hoop Wreath

I have not been super crafty in a while.  Places to go, people to see.  Ok, not really, but more busy than usual.

Don't know if you heard, but there was a big basketball game last night, and my Orlando Magic fan of a husband was not so happy about the final outcome.  He was over at a friend's watching the game, I couldn't sleep, so I grabbed some yarn and other random stuff out of the craft stash and went to work.

Ignore the run-on sentences, grammar freaks.  You know how I roll around here.












This is my first attempt at crafting for the 4th of July.  I mean, it's not like there's a shortage of these types of decor all over the place, but I believe in some good ol' patriotism.

What I used:

-Yarn (blue and aqua)
-Red lace (because I ran out of red yarn)
-Doilies
-Embroidery Hoop
-Glue gun.  Always a glue gun.


1.  Started with the aqua-colored yarn by wrapping it around the embroidery hoop. I used the glue gun very sparingly (glued at the start, middle, and at the end of the strand).
2.  Wrapped a larger section with the blue yarn.
3.  I repeated that pattern one more time.
4.  Carefully wound the red lace around a slightly larger section of the hoop.
(Not shown above - repeated the blue, aqua, lace sections about 2.5 more times (started with the blue first). 
5.  Dollar Tree doilies were pinched in the middle to create a flower-like effect.
6.  Glued about 10-12 doilies on remaining section of the hoop (see below).


And that was all!  I think it took me about an hour to complete, due to the whole yarn process.  I had the time.


(I used that extra nail below the doilies to center the wreath).












Linking up:
At the Picket Fence - It's a Hodgepodge Life - Chic on a Shoestring Decorating - Lovely Crafty Home - Tatertots and Jello - Itsy Bitsy PaperThe Shabby Nest - Kojo Designs - Funky Junk Interiors - Classy Clutter - I Heart Naptime - C.R.A.F.T. - Inspired by Charm - Tip Junkie - Sugar and Dots - House of Hepworths - ArtsyGirl Connection, Adventures in Dinner, & ADD Housewife

6 comments:

  1. Very clever! Seriously loving the doily flower. Just LOVE the modern twist on your patriotic wreath.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cassidy! I just can't ever do anything the normal route, lol...even if I try! Ha!

      Delete
  2. Very cute! I hope you will link up to my Patriotic Project Parade.

    http://www.itsybitsypaperblog.com/2012/06/patriotic-project-parade-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  3. That is an adorable wreath! Thank you for linking up to MMM!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love linking up to MMM and checking out all your great projects! Thank you so much, and I'm happy you stopped by!

      Delete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.